To get a free Mulvane Public Library Card
*During this temporary closure, just send us a message through FB or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and a phone number where you can be reached. We will get you all set up with a temporary “online-only card” so you can access Overdrive right today!*
- Visit the Mulvane Public Library information desk.
- Present a photo ID with a current address.
- Mail may be brought in as proof of current address if the ID does not reflect changes.
- If without proof of current address, the library card can be mailed (checkouts limited to 2 items until the mailed library card is received and returned as verification of address).
- Applicants ages 16 and older may apply without a guardian (school IDs are accepted forms of identification).
- Youth ages 15 and under will need a legal parent or guardian present with their picture ID to apply for a library card.
- Replacement cards are $1.00
Books: no limit for 3 weeks
DVD’s/Videos: limit 6 for 1 week
Magazines: no limit for 1 week
Books on CD’s: limit 10 for 3 weeks
Playaways: limit 6 for 3 weeks
Video Games: limit 2 for 1 week (not owned by Mulvane, but borrowable through KanShare)
Reading Ready Packs: limit 1 for 3 weeks
Community Explorer Packs: limit 1 for 1 week
You may renew an item two times (if it’s not on hold for another patron).
Overdue charges are $.25 per day per item
You must pay fines and fees more than $10.00 in order to check out or renew items.
Fees for damaged items to be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Youth are not responsible for fines on their parent’s cards, but parents/guardians who sign for the youth’s membership will be held responsible for the minor’s charges.
Youth ages 14-18 may volunteer overdue fines off their cards. Ask for more information at the Library.
Youth under the age of 14 may read down their fines. Ask for more information at the Library.